cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] LatestRelease People Upayavira Wed May 21 13:00:04 2003
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 11:00:04 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LatestRelease , version: 7 on Wed May 21 10:15:24
2003 by CarstenZiegeler

- !!! 2.1 Milestone 1
?                   ^

+ !!! 2.1 Milestone 2
?                   ^

- The latest release is __2.1 Milestone M1__. [This message|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105161752627911&w=2]
explains what we mean by Milestone release.
?                           ^           ^^

+ The latest release is __2.2 Milestone 2__. [This message|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105161752627911&w=2]
explains what we mean by Milestone release.
?                           ^           ^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=People , version: 132 on Wed May 21 10:39:51
2003 by Upayavira

+ * [Upayavira] -- Cocoon user, developer and Buddhist based in London.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Upayavira , version: 1 on Wed May 21 10:38:50
2003 by Upayavira

New page created:
+ I am a Cocoon user, developer and a Buddhist.
+
+ I've been using Cocoon since August 2002. I have been seeking ways for many years to make
web sites easy to maintain for poor and technically illiterate Buddhist organisations. Cocoon
helps tremendously in doing this. It separates concerns beautifully, and is vastly superior
to any other technology that I have investigated, as a way for developing sites.
+
+ Having said that, most of these Buddhist organisations cannot afford a server to host Cocoon.
Therefore, I've been working to improve the Cocoon CLI to enable it to be used for off-line
site generation in such situations.
+
+ I work full time for [Nexus Alpha Ltd|http://www.nexusalpha.co.uk]. My CLI work also has
relevance for my employer.
+
+ In 2000 I was ordained into the Western Buddhist Order, which is at the heart of the [FWBO|http://www.fwbo.org].
This explains my Buddhist name, which I was given on ordination. It is a Sanskrit name, which
translates to 'Hero of Means', or, more longwinded, "He who, with great enthusiasm, finds
creative ways to help others on the path to Enlightenent". To embody this, I've first got
to work out what Enlightenment is!
+
+ It can be split into two parts, Upaya (skilful means) and Vira (hero). The best way to describe
pronunciation is to say that Upaya rhymes with 'Papaya', and Vira rhymes with 'Clearer'. Some
day I may record a WAV file and attach it here. To answer one previous question - I don't
have a surname, just a name.
+
+ Upayavira
+ 21 May 2003