cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] XSPAction Sat May 17 21:00:03 2003
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 19:00:04 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPAction , version: 12 on Sat May 17 18:20:52
2003 by AntonioGallardo

- ! Action component
+ ! Declaring the Action component
- Your sitemap should contain the following definition of the action component:
?                                             ^^^^

+ Your sitemap should contain the following declaration of the action component:
?                                             ^^^^^

- Note: Some other pieces of documentation use ''serverpages'' as the action name instead
of ''xsp-action''. I like ''xsp-action'' better because there can be no misunderstanding about
what it defines. The name ''serverpages'' is already used by the XSP Generator and could cause
some confusion.
?
                     ^^^                 -- ^^^ ^^ ^  ^ -------------- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                 ^                                                             ^ ^ --------
   ----------- ^^

+ Note: Some other pieces of documentation use ''serverpages'' as the action name instead
of ''xsp-action''. I prefer to use ''xsp-action'' to avoid confusions of what it defines.
Note that the name ''serverpages'' is already used by the XSP Generator. This is why I dont
use it.
?
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^                  ^ ^^^^^^ ^^^  ^^^^  ^
^^^^^^^^^^^                                                            + ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^      ^

- ! Pipeline definition
+ ! How to use in a Pipeline
- And of course your sitemap should contain a pipeline that actually contains an action written
in XSP
+ And of course your sitemap should contain a pipeline that actually contains an action written
in XSP. To use it we must use the <map:action>. The value of the ''type'' attribute
must be ''xsp-action'' and the value of the ''src'' attribute will contain the full path to
the XSP file.
- !! The action
+ !! Writing the Action