cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From MTiffan...@aol.com
Subject Ambiguous cache directory directions?
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 15:29:14 GMT
Hi,

I hope I'm directing this question to the correct address:

I find the directions for specifying Cocoon's file cache directory to be
somewhat ambiguous: The document on the website at URL <A HREF="http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/userdocs/concepts/persistence.html">
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/userdocs/concepts/persistence.html</A> indicate (as I read
it) that cocoon.xconf
is the configuration file that controls cache directory
specifications/parameters. Reading the following snippet from cocoon.xconf reinforces this
idea:

<SNIP>
  <!-- ============================ STORE ============================ -->
  <!-- Persistent store for the cache. Two store implementations to choose
       from:
         * FilesystemStore: Simple. Dependable. Thorougly tested.
         * JispFilesystemStore: Scalable. New kid on the block.

       Common configuration parameters:
         use-cache-directory: Indicates that cache directory specified in
                              web.xml should be used.
         use-work-directory: Indicates that work directory specified in
                             web.xml should be used.
         directory: Specifies directory to use. Absolute or relative to the
                    work directory.
  -->
  <cache-persistent
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore" logger="core.store.persistent">
    <parameter name="use-cache-directory" value="true"/>
  </cache-persistent>
</SNIP>

However, adding <parameter name="directory" value="/my/cache/dir"/> to the <
cache-persistent> node does *not* work.

But, Cocoon (2.0.4) does use the values from web.xml for the cache directory
<SNIP>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>cache-directory</param-name>
      <param-value>C:\\temp\\cocoon\\cache</param-value>
    </init-param>
</SNIP>

So, am I reading the docs incorrectly? Or is there an error in the
documentations?

Thanks,
Michael Tiffany