cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Creating new documentation. What DTD should I use?
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 02:17:02 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> David Novogrodsky wrote:
>
> > I would like to create a new document describing the Cocoon framework.
<snip/>

> Currently there are two forms of docs:
>
> a) The cocoon.apache.org website docs, written in XML according to the
> document-v10.dtd DTD (sometimes called "xdocs").
> For example, in the Cocoon CVS source tree, file
> src/documentation//xdocs/userdocs/generators/file-generator.xml
> The current idea is to use these for reference documentation only.

And for core conceptual documentation, e.g. The definitive doc
for sitemap is xdocs/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.xml

David, if your document fits in this category then please
discuss it on this cocoon-docs list and eventually send a
patch via Bugzilla.

> b) The Wiki docs, written according to the JSPWiki text formatting
> rules (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TextFormattingRules)
> It is much easier to add documents to the Wiki, so feel free to write
> directly there, after searching for pages similar to or related to what
> you want to write.

Feel free, it is a free-for-all documentation experience.
Some great docs are evolving that way.

--David