cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Creating new documentation. What DTD should I use?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 21:52:28 GMT
Hi David,

> I would like to create a new document describing the Cocoon framework.
> I have found the page template in the Cocoon wiki
> (http://wiki.cocoondev.org).

Which page template are you talking of?

> Is there a DTD I have to use in addition to the page template? I was
> thinking of using simplified doc book, would that be OK?

Currently there are two forms of docs:

a) The cocoon.apache.org website docs, written in XML according to the
document-v10.dtd DTD (sometimes called "xdocs").
For example, in the Cocoon CVS source tree, file
src/documentation//xdocs/userdocs/generators/file-generator.xml
The current idea is to use these for reference documentation only.

b) The Wiki docs, written according to the JSPWiki text formatting
rules (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TextFormattingRules)
It is much easier to add documents to the Wiki, so feel free to write
directly there, after searching for pages similar to or related to what
you want to write.

Hope this helps,
Bertrand