cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Mailing list moderation
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:25:28 GMT
On 9/04/2003 17:10 Diana Shannon wrote:

> So was the goal of initially moderating forrest-dev to help build the
> list? Then, once it had a critical mass, did you feel it ok to simply
> automate moderation? Was that the idea?
>
> If not, subscribers-only seems pretty attractive to me for cocoon-docs.

We got annoyed by the amount of spam which was send for 'moderation' at
that time. Given the specialization of the -docs list, subscription-only
seems OK, although it still feels like isolating ourselves from outside
enquiries.

Infrastructure/mail people: what are the spam countermeasures currently
in use for incoming mail from non-subscribers sent to moderated lists?
Is spam passed on for human moderation as-is, or is there some filtering
(like SpamAssassin) prior to that?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org