cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] People SandBox DavidKavanagh ForrestProposal JNDIDatasourceWithJBoss3.0.6 HowTos Sun Apr 6 09:00:08 2003
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 07:00:09 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=People , version: 116 on Sun Apr  6 07:54:29
2003 by DavidKavanagh

+ * [David Kavanagh|DavidKavanagh]  -- java/xml/xslt guy, doing some cocoon now.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SandBox , version: 82 on Sun Apr  6 07:43:31
2003 by 66.21.238.188

+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DavidKavanagh , version: 1 on Sun Apr  6 07:37:39
2003 by DavidKavanagh

New page created:
+ Just another cocoon developer.. doing sitemap components and web apps that use them.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ForrestProposal , version: 45 on Sun Apr  6
07:07:53 2003 by DavidCrossley

- !12. The status documents (changes, todo, who) need to merge into status.xml
?                                         -----

+ !12. The status documents (changes, todo) need to merge into status.xml
- * open
+ * done
- # (ds) First draft exists. Please improve.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JNDIDatasourceWithJBoss3.0.6 , version: 2 on
Sun Apr  6 07:49:08 2003 by DavidKavanagh

- Switching from Cocoon managed datasource to JBoss JNDI datasource.
+ !!Switching from Cocoon managed datasource to JBoss JNDI datasource.
? ++

- Up til now, I've used the datasource defined in cocoon which managed pooling, etc. The advantage
of having jboss manage the connections is they can be shared across different applications
running under jboss. Here is a list of things tha need to be done to make this work.
+ Up til now, I've used the datasource defined in cocoon which managed pooling, etc. The advantage
of having jboss manage the connections is they can be shared across different applications
running under jboss. Here is a list of things tha need to be done to make this work.\\
?

    ++

- - move the jdbc driver jar file from the cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory to jboss/server/default/lib.
For Oracle, this file is ojdbc14.jar (This makes it availble to all applications, plus jboss)
+ - move the jdbc driver jar file from the cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory to jboss/server/default/lib.
For Oracle, this file is ojdbc14.jar (This makes it availble to all applications, plus jboss)\\
?

              ++

- - create your own XXX-service.xml file. You can modify the one for your database found in
jboss/docs/examples/jda. I took the oracle.service.xml and changed the "OracleDS" name and
put in my own. Also edit the ConnectionURL, UserName, Password config properties to suit your
connection.
+ - create your own XXX-service.xml file. You can modify the one for your database found in
jboss/docs/examples/jda. I took the oracle.service.xml and changed the "OracleDS" name and
put in my own. Also edit the ConnectionURL, UserName, Password config properties to suit your
connection.\\
?

                  ++

- - in the cocoon.xconf file, change your datasource from the <jdbc> style to the <j2ee>
style. My example shows a datasource named "stevie" refering to the JNDI named source called
"mbrdb".
+ - in the cocoon.xconf file, change your datasource from the <jdbc> style to the <j2ee>
style. My example shows a datasource named "stevie" refering to the JNDI named source called
"mbrdb".\\
?

          ++

-    <j2ee name="stevie">
+ {{   <j2ee name="stevie">}}\\
? ++                       ++++

-        <dbname>mbrdb</dbname>
+ {{       <dbname>mbrdb</dbname>}}\\
? ++                             ++++

-    </j2ee>
+ {{   </j2ee>}}\\
? ++          ++++

- - Here is a jboss-web.xml file that needs to go into your cocoon/WEB-INF directory with
your web.xml file. just edit your datasource name, replacing "mbrdb" with your source name.
+ - Here is a jboss-web.xml file that needs to go into your cocoon/WEB-INF directory with
your web.xml file. just edit your datasource name, replacing "mbrdb" with your source name.\\
?

 ++

-     <?xml version="1.0"?>
+ {{    <?xml version="1.0"?>}}\\
? ++                         ++++

-     <jboss-web>
+ {{    <jboss-web>}}\\
? ++               ++++

-         <resource-ref>
+ {{        <resource-ref>}}\\
? ++                      ++++

-             <res-ref-name>jdbc/mbrdb</res-ref-name>
+ {{            <res-ref-name>jdbc/mbrdb</res-ref-name>}}\\
? ++                                                   ++++

-             <jndi-name>java:/mbrdb</jndi-name>
+ {{            <jndi-name>java:/mbrdb</jndi-name>}}\\
? ++                                              ++++

-         </resource-ref>
+ {{        </resource-ref>}}\\
? ++                       ++++

-     </jboss-web>
+ {{    </jboss-web>}}\\
? ++                ++++

- - at the bottom of the web.xml file for your cocoon instance, add this;
+ - at the bottom of the web.xml file for your cocoon instance, add this;\\
?                                                                        ++

-    <resource-ref>
+ {{   <resource-ref>}}\\
? ++                 ++++

-        <res-ref-name>jdbc/mbrdb</res-ref-name>
+ {{       <res-ref-name>jdbc/mbrdb</res-ref-name>}}\\
? ++                                              ++++

-        <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
?                                                ^

+ {{       <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type}}\\
? ++                                               ^^^^

-        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
+ {{       <res-auth>Container</res-auth>}}\\
? ++                                     ++++

-    </resource-ref>
+ {{   </resource-ref>}}\\
? ++                  ++++

- - One other change I needed to make was to comment out 3 <map:action>s in the main
sitemap.xmap file for cocoon. The first three actions defined are some "DatabaseXXXAction"s.
They need to be commented out. Not sure why, but they caused cocoon to throw exceptions when
used the <j2ee> datasource.
+ - One other change I needed to make was to comment out 3 <map:action>s in the main
sitemap.xmap file for cocoon. The first three actions defined are some "DatabaseXXXAction"s.
They need to be commented out. Not sure why, but they caused cocoon to throw exceptions when
used the <j2ee> datasource.\\
?

                            ++

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowTos , version: 87 on Sun Apr  6 07:43:24
2003 by DavidKavanagh

+ * __[JNDI Datasource with JBoss 3.0.6]__ -- How to switch from using a Cocoon JDBC datasource
to the J2EE datasource, with JBoss managing the connection/pooling
+