cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Do we need to scrap the existing docs and start over?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:07:28 GMT
Le Jeudi, 3 avr 2003, à 11:47 Europe/Zurich, Andrew Savory a écrit :

> - can we be sure we have enough time to rebuild all docs from scratch?

I'm not thinking about rebuilding *docs* from scratch, but rather
reorganizing, sorting and moving old docs to the new stuff.
Initial work would be very little writing, maybe putting some "this
needs to be written" pages here and there.

> - can we be sure that in the interim, three sets (2.0, 2.1, -docs)
> will be
> maintained?

The whole thing shouldn't take more than (say) 4 weeks, otherwise it's
not worth it IMHO.
I can commit a few hours a week to this.

Do we really want to maintain 2.0 docs? Is anyone willing to commit
time to this? I'm not.
In my view it would be minimal work on 2.1, and concentrating on
new-docs with the goal of releasing them soon.

> ...I also *really* want to get my thoughts on merging/versioning and
> literate
> programming together before we do this (since it should reduce effort
> significantly in the long term), but I'm fighting with several
> deadlines
> that I won't be clear of until after the weekend.

ok - it doesn't prevent us to start working on the docs
outline/navigation anyway.

-Bertrand