cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Sorting out the docs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:37:53 GMT

Hi,

Here's what I'm going to do to try and resolve some of the documentation
issues we're having (the issues I see are maintenance of multiple
documentation branches, indicating deprecation in documentation,
extracting meaningful documentation from the code, and increasing semantic
quality of content):

- Take a look at Forrest and try and get the Cocoon Forrest transition
complete. This will probably include hassling the Forrest folk to add
deprecation to their DTDs.

- Try merging a few sample documents from the 2.0 and 2.1 tree into a c2
common version to see how it might work. Particular sticking points might
be the INSTALL doc which will vary greatly and version-specific docs - how
do we act if no version is given?

- Try out a few examples of literate programming on the logicsheets
(putting documentation into the XSL and processing in a similar way to
javadocs)

- Look at how the literate XSL documentation will affect the current
documentation. I expect the current documentation will become more
"howto/example/demo" related, and possibly even obsolete in favour of the
wiki.

I'll keep you posted as I progress. Here come some sleepless nights! :-)

Andrew.