cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Deprecating and cleaning up the docs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:18:56 GMT

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I wouldn't use an element for this though, but rather an attribute, for
> example

> <li deprecated-see="#release-2.1">
>
> This attribute could be used for paragraphs, sections, list items, etc.
>
> Using an attribute requires less changes to the DTD structure I think,
> and conceptually "deprecated" *is* an attribute of a piece of
> information.

Ok, makes sense. My reasoning behind the element was that we can wrap
blocks of content in one go - especially useful where the content happens
to be table rows and cells. It would then be trivial to produce
documentation without deprecated content, for example.

How would you see us handling the example:

I guess if we marked it with <tr deprecated-see=""> that would do?

> I don't know if there are issues/dependencies related to changing the
> DTDs though (maybe related to Forrest?).

Just taken a look at Forrest DTDs, and I can't see any deprecated element
or attribute ... the closest is "warning". So I guess we'd need to add it
to both cocoon and forrest ...

Andrew.