cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stages of Forrest Transition
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:36:20 GMT

On 26 Mar 2003, David Crossley wrote:

> Diana Shannon wrote:
> > Stephan Michels wrote:

> > > It shouldn't, because there is already a stylesheet for doing this:
> > > xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets/docv10todocv11.xsl
> >
> > You're right, this part is trivial (having worked hard over the past
> > year bring docv10 docs up to a state where they can be transformed so
> > easily...)
> >
> > > It shouldn't be great thing to write a little ant script.
> >
> > Yes, I did this myself ages ago. We had to do this for pre 0.5 versions
> > of Forrest. What David means by a "big stage" is the ramification of
> > changing all dtds. This means, for example, that the existing webapp
> > build (which links to docs created by a non-Forrest mechanism), has to
> > be updated. This means either fixing the old sitemap/stylesheets/etc. or
> > pulling in bits and pieces from Forrest distro.
>
> That is right ... Diana sees the importance.
> I think that a lot of people have been not quite
> understanding this.

Yes, I'm understanding, but it is really necessary that cocoon serves his
own documents by the webapp? Are the samples not enough to should the
possibilities of Cocoon? If somebody ask for documentation system, we can
point to Forrest.

So I'm +1 for cancel the docs target, remove all stylesheets and dtds etc.
for the docs, and then the transition is done. It's a bit too easy, I
guess, but I think thats the best way.

Stephan.