cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] add Forrest binaries to our CVS
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:15:44 GMT

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > Could we add a binary version of Forrest (including Cocoon binaries) to
> > our CVS repository so that everyone can generate the docs reliably from
> > the same version of Forrest, using it as a blackbox tool?

+1

> That would mean we would have to download cocoon "twice"?!

Yes, one that has been tested and work, and one that hopyfully
work ;-)

> I am -1 for inclusion in the cocoon repository as binary.
>
> But I am +10 for building cocoon from source and the use *that*
> version to generate the docs. As Steven(?) already pointed
> out: a very good testcase.

How do you maintain that? Do you always run through the stylesheets
and diff like hell, if something was fixed or improved?

I like more the version that Forrest generate the docs, and the Cocoon
standard dist the samples. It's more SoC, I think ;-)

Stephan.