cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration to Forrest
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:36:09 GMT

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Vendredi, 21 mars 2003, à 04:16 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :
>
> > ...IMHO the ideal solution would be for Cocoon to build its own
> > documentation, using the Forrest DTDs and a skin checked into Cocoon
> > CVS....
>
> Ok - I agree with the advantages you mention, makes sense and this is
> probably simpler than using Forrest in binary form as I was suggesting.
>
> If I got it right though, this will require some duplication of stuff
> between Cocoon and Forrest?
> What exactly, DTDs, skin files, anything else?
> Can this stuff be *moved* into Cocoon instead of being duplicated?

Duplicate files produce always dependencies, which are poorly to
maintain :-/

I will be lucky, if we can throw out all of the documentation generating
stuff, so that Cocoon loose some of his 'fatness' ;-) SoC etc.

How is the status of the Forrest binary version? Is there anything I
can work with?

Stephan.