cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Deprecating and cleaning up the docs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:46:57 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Le Jeudi, 20 mars 2003, à 10:29 Europe/Zurich, Andrew Savory a écrit :
> ....In preparation for cleaning up the docs on the site, I'm wondering
> if we
> should add "deprecated" to the DTD for docs (it already exists for
> javadocs)....

I agree on the principle - being able to indicate the validity of the
docs is a good thing.

I wouldn't use an element for this though, but rather an attribute, for
example

<li deprecated-see="#release-2.1">

This attribute could be used for paragraphs, sections, list items, etc.

Using an attribute requires less changes to the DTD structure I think,
and conceptually "deprecated" *is* an attribute of a piece of
information.

I don't know if there are issues/dependencies related to changing the
DTDs though (maybe related to Forrest?).

-Bertrand