cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] add Forrest binaries to our CVS
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:52:57 GMT

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 05:57  AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> But I am +10 for building cocoon from source and the use *that*
> version to generate the docs. As Steven(?) already pointed
> out: a very good testcase.

Yes, but is it the "concern" of cocoon-doc contributors to test Forrest?
Sorry, I don't think so. We need a docs-generation system that is
reliable, so those who want to help don't have to first figure out why
the docs generation system is broken before they can contribute.

Remember, doc contributors aren't necessary committers. They may be
one-time contributors with a limited amount of time. I think we want
them spending the majority of their time on content and **not** on
troubleshooting a system they may not even use/need...

Just my (at times frustrated) 2 cents for all the times I experienced
delays because I couldn't build docs on head branch.

Diana