cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Forrestizing Cocoon and more
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:20:13 GMT

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 04:42  AM, Stephan Michels wrote:

>>> I certainly wouldn't ditch the 'docs' target.
>>
>> Please not yet!
>>

> Can you explain why you adhere to the docs targets.

I think I'm being misunderstood here.

As a matter of respect for our users, and to avoid broken links on the
web site, I see know reason why we should drop the old docs target until
the new one works 100%. We have a few remaining problems, outlined by
Jeff. Sylvain recently voiced the same thing, that old docs build should
work until the transition is complete.

> Please, I want
> to kow ;-) Perhaps we can help. Is Forrest too slow?

I'm not against Forrest. I have supported it's adoption since the first
day it was formed. I hate the old documentation system. I have
****zero**** interest in maintaining the old way. I just am 100% against
disruption for our users and the cvs when we can avoid it, which we can
and are doing in this case.

Ok?

Diana