cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use CVS Forrest, Forrestbot for docs
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:54:53 GMT

On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 08:49  AM, Jeff Turner wrote:

>>> - Switch on Forrestbot's commit facility, so any committer can
>>>   regenerate and commit the updated HTML/PDF from the web interface.
>>
>> +100 -- but we have a bit to do (jars pages, faqs, and redirects)
>> before
>> it becomes the web site.
>
> Whereabouts does Cocoon need redirects?  Should redirects be done with
> .htaccess
> files or <meta> refreshes?  If .htaccess, they could exist in xml-site
> without Forrest interfering.

I think most, though not all, redirects should be committer-
configurable/accessible. That is, when doc URI space changes, the person
introducing the change needs the ability to indicate a redirect is
required. This has happened a lot over the past year.

Isn't a single redirect config xml file  (with old URI and new URI) that
is parsed to create a single .htaccess file more efficient/maintainable
than individual pages with <meta> refreshes?

Diana