cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [vote] micro-decision for docs: creation of cocoon-docs CVS module
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:06:30 GMT
On 26/03/2003 7:31 David Crossley wrote:

> I presume that the website would then get generated
> from the head cvs rather than from the last release.
> Currently we do it the other way around, which may
> be another reason for "the disconnect".

The website should contain documentation about _released_ versions, and
as such, is lacking in some perspectives. If two released versions are
available 'out there', we can have two versions of the site side-by-side:

cocoon.apache.org
                  /docs/2.0/
                  /docs/2.1/

cocoon.apache.org containing version-agnostic information (like whoweare
and some general intro stuff), and docs being confined into a deeper
(and version-specific) part of the URI namespace

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org