cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [bug] No @ in mailto links
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:13:57 GMT

Steven Noels wrote, On 21/03/2003 10.06:
> On 21/03/2003 9:34 Morrison, John wrote:
>
>> I can see the point of obfuscating personal email links, but I
>> see (little) point in doing so to lists...
>

> Technically, I agree. On how to differentiate the handling between list
> addresses and personal ones, I can only think of XSLT 'hacks', which I
> don't like.

What about differentiating on link types.

IE

  if (obfuscate == true)
     mailto:x@y  -> mailto:x.at.y
     emailto:x@y -> mailto:x@y
     xmailto:x@y -> mailto:x.at.y

  if (obfuscate == false)
     mailto:x@y  -> mailto:x@y
     emailto:x@y -> mailto:x@y
     xmailto:x@y -> mailto:x.at.y

IE

  mailto links change with an obfuscate param
  emailto and xmailto are always-never obfuscated.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -