cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration to Forrest
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:19:27 GMT

Steven Noels wrote, On 21/03/2003 9.05:
> On 21/03/2003 4:16 Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>> IMHO the ideal solution would be for Cocoon to build its own
>> documentation, using the Forrest DTDs and a skin checked into Cocoon CVS.
>
> Agree. I consider this to be a nice unit test.

As suggested above not really.

Gump-like tests suppose that you have the latest of everything, and here
the DTDs and skins are not the latest. Furthermore Forrest is nore than
that, think about the build scripts.

I'd leave integration tests like these to Gump and have the docs be
generated by pure Forrest. It will also make more downloads of Forrest
happen, which is the best test Forrest can have ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -