cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: ideas?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:52:01 GMT
Le Mercredi, 26 mars 2003, à 19:11 Europe/Zurich, Tony Collen a écrit :

> Diana/Everybody:  Any thoughts on my proposed docs reorg?
> (wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DocsReorgProposal )...

Hi Tony,

I like your plan - here are some ideas/comments, but overall I'm ok
with it.

"Getting started":
I'd keep this minimal by not putting reference info about the build
here. Just the minimum to get Cocoon up and running, with links to
reference info about the build (if needed, but it might be better to
put the reference info into install.txt directly).

"Configuring Cocoon":
In the same way I think this belongs to a "Reference" section which
would contain "Component Reference" and other reference info.

"How-Tos/Tutorials":
I'd put this as the second section (second tab on the web site)

"Debugging":
I don't think this deserves a separate section, could go into How-Tos
maybe? or Reference?

I haven't checked if your plan includes all the current documentation
but I wouldn't scrap any of the existing docs yet, maybe put them in a
"legacy docs" section or something until the new docs plan stabilizes.

Thanks for your work!
-Bertrand