cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject Re: Sorting out the docs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:17:38 GMT
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Jeudi, 20 mars 2003, à 22:47 Europe/Zurich, Tony Collen a écrit :
>
> > ...I'm still considering using the PHP manual [1] as a skeleton and
> > start
> > dropping what we have into a format like that...
>
> Agreed - starting from scratch with a better/simpler navigation
> structure would certainly help make our docs more accessible.

Alright, here's a quick skeleton of what I whipped out in the past half
hour or so.  I'm starting to be very optimistic about this....

Tony

-----------------
The Cocoon Manual
-----------------
(c) 1999-2003 Apache Software Foundation

Table of Contents

Preface
-------

Getting Started
---------------
    Intro / History
    Installation
        Blocks
    Configuring Cocoon
        Logging Levels
    Security Concerns

Component Reference
-------------------
(This section will not have any "How-To" or Tutorial type material)  This
section must be 100% reference material: how the components work (quickly
explained) and any parameters they might need.)

    Actions
    Authentication
    Generators
    Flow Layer
        Function Reference
    Logicsheets
    Matchers
    Readers
    Selectors
    Serializers
    Sitemap
    Transformers
    XMLForms

Extending Cocoon
----------------
    Custom Components
        Actions
        Generators
        Matchers
        Readers
        Selectors
        Serializers
        Transformers
    Connecting Cocoon to a Database
    Other Avalon Components
    Blocks

How-Tos / Tutorials
-------------------
    Any articles (Such as the current WebServiceProxyGenerator docs)
regarding how to accomplish a specific task will be put here.  No
reference material here!!  There is lots of material in the current docs
under "User Guide", as well as "Dev Guide",  "FAQs" and "Tutorials" that
can all be consolidated under this section.

    1.
    2.
    3.

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions