cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [vote] micro-decision for docs: creation of cocoon-docs CVS module
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:31:44 GMT
[ ]  creation of cocoon-docs module
[+1]  docs should stay in src/documentation of the code tree module(s)

Jeff Turner wrote:
<snip/>
> I think the disconnect is around the purpose of the 2.0 branch.  I think
> of 2.0.x as a _maintenance_ branch.  Just as only bugfixes get into the
> code, so only 'bugfixes' need get into the docs.  2.0 is finished; new
> features (and new documentation) should go in 2.1.  If someone wants to
> backport new features and new docs to 2.0, good for them.  If they don't,
> that's fine too.

Excellent observation Jeff, thanks. This eases the
pain quite a lot.

I presume that the website would then get generated
from the head cvs rather than from the last release.
Currently we do it the other way around, which may
be another reason for "the disconnect".

--David