cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Migration to Forrest
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:30:09 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:
> I tried to solve some issue for releasing 2.1. So I took some time
> to integrate Forrest into the current build system. I create
> successfully the docs, except some links.
>
> See http://vern.chem.tu-berlin.de/~stephan/cocoon/index.html

Great, thanks for diving in and helping. It sounds
like we might now have enough people interested to
conduct the transition to document-v11
I presume that you have seen the Wiki page where we
have been trying to outline some issues.
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ForrestProposal

> But for me there are some issue unresolved:
>
> 1. Should Cocoon any longer produce his own docs? This mean
> that we must include stuff from forrest.

That is one of the big problems that we have been grappling with.
Yes, Cocoon must be able to produce its own docs when it
runs via a webapp. So therefore it does need DTDs, stylesheets,
sitemap changes to match the new document-v11 DTD from Forrest.

> 2. Which skin should be used?
>
> 3. Can we use something like a forrest cent?
>
> 4. I cut the build.xml into several fragments to increase the clearness.
> It's okay? And then where should I put the fragments: tools/targets, or
> src/targets?

Please explain what you mean here.

--David