cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration to Forrest
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 04:31:41 GMT

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 03:53  PM, Stephan Michels wrote:

> I tried to solve some issue for releasing 2.1. So I took some time
> to integrate Forrest into the current build system. I create
> successfully the docs, except some links.

Fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to help on this!

> See http://vern.chem.tu-berlin.de/~stephan/cocoon/index.html
>
> But for me there are some issue unresolved:
>
> 1. Should Cocoon any longer produce his own docs? This mean
> that we must include stuff from forrest.

I don't think the repos need build capability. Perhaps we should
consider making pre-built html docs snapshots available? Not sure about
including the prebuilt docs in each cvs, but that's probably what users
would expect.

> 2. Which skin should be used?

I'd vote for Forrest. We can always make our own down the road.

> 3. Can we use something like a forrest cent?

I'll defer to Nicola Ken on this.

> 4. I cut the build.xml into several fragments to increase the clearness.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but I'll check it out, once you commit
it somewhere.

Diana