cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WIKI-UPDATE] BeginnerDefaultPort Tue Feb 11 23:00:03 2003
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:05:38 GMT

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 04:43  AM, SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous
wrote:

> How to proceed ?
> ----------------
> I just get doubts, if this page could ever be of value, because
> i can't describe all possible scenarios, i can't tell a default
> scenario, i'm simply lost here ...

I think you need to give yourself a well-deserved break. No question
*if* your page could ever be of value -- it already is. I think all any
doc-writer can do is describe the scenarios he or she feels comfortable
describing after learning/implementing as much as his or her
time/resources/knowledge/learning allows. Leave it for someone else to
fill in the holes. Have a little faith that someone will come along and
add to your doc. You write excellent docs. Who wouldn't want to
supplement such good work?

> I would appreciate, if someone who is more familiar with
> tomcat-apache setup to make a review of this page and give
> me some hints, what i could do about managing complexity ;-)

I do hope others can provide hints and suggestions, but all you can do
is ask (as you already have). I know it remains *really* hard for me to
write partial docs. I know, in the past (pre-Wiki), I held off
committing 90% completed docs -- even throwing them away -- because they
weren't "good enough" to my perfectionist mind. Silly me.

Sometimes I email people off list who seem to have the knowledge I need
to fill in some of my conceptual holes. In other words, they provide
info, I finish the doc. I have *always* been helped that way. Perhaps
some of the cocoon-oriented ISPs could be queried (unless this setup
info is considered too strategic to share). Just an idea.

Thanks for all of your persistence and excellent contributions. Remember
holes in your docs are simply "itches to scratch" -- ways to bring in
more doc-writers.

Diana