cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: xdoc -> wiki documentation (Re: documentation in separate cvs module or block)
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:01:26 GMT
Le Mercredi, 19 fév 2003, à 08:45 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :

> ...So I agree with Diana about moving all docs to the Wiki.  It seems
> the
> best long-term solution, avoiding all the problems that a dual
> wiki/xdoc
> system would cause.

I tend to agree but OTOH there must be some way for users to find out
about the reliability of a document.

Currently, I think the xdocs are viewed are "official" whereas the wiki
is more like "melting pot" - the difference is easy, even though the
good quality of many wiki docs makes it more blurred in practice.

So I think, if in the future all docs are done on a wiki, some form of
metadata/review system is required so that the state and validity of a
particular document is clearly visible.

-Bertrand