cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xdoc -> wiki documentation (Re: documentation in separate cvs module or block)
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:14:50 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 09:02:42AM +0100, SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous wrote:
> Hy;
>
> The mentioning of "Wiki" triggered my curiousity:
>
> If we move all docs to Wiki, then how can we maintain
> different release versions of the docs ?
>
> Or will there be only one single document version, that
> fits for all released cocoon versions ?

Many docs will be applicable to both versions.  Many will apply to only
one version.  Is anything beyond a page naming convention required to
distinguish the two?

> Or do you propose to connect Wiki with an underlying
> document management system?

Underlying what? :)  Back in my day, ice-creams were 5c each, school was
a 10 mile walk through blizzards, and filesystems were good enough for
everyone.

But yes, that is a good point.  Being able to roll back files is probably
essential for serious doc use.  We could simply set up a logrotate script
on the server to back up each day's content.

Also, JSPWiki's "Wiki.jsp?page=<blah>" URI space is horribly non-portable
and un-cool[1], but that can be fixed in 5 minutes with
request.getPathInfo().  Perhaps we could introduce a '@cocoon-version
{2.1|2.0.x}' tag to the cwiki syntax. So Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCaching
with:

@cocoon-version 2.0.4  -> has URL '/wiki/2.0.4/CocoonCaching'.
@cocoon-version 2.1'   -> has URL '/wiki/2.1/CocoonCaching'.

Hmm..