cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] Wishlist IndexPage LeftMenu StevenNoels Thu Feb 13 01:00:04 2003
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:00:05 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Wishlist, version: 39 on Wed Feb 12 23:31:55
2003 by StevenNoels

- Methinks that the new Forrest skin looks excellent!  However, I think you just changed the
PageContent.jsp - which means that things like diffs and page information still look like
crap (yea, so I wrote the original look... So?  I can call them crap ;-).  Perhaps if you
had made the change to ViewTemplate.jsp, then all pages (except for the editor) would've received
the same treatment automatically.
+ Me thinks that the new Forrest skin looks excellent!  However, I think you just changed
the PageContent.jsp - which means that things like diffs and page information still look like
crap (yea, so I wrote the original look... So?  I can call them crap ;-).  Perhaps if you
had made the change to ViewTemplate.jsp, then all pages (except for the editor) would've received
the same treatment automatically.
?   +

+ In my copious free time, I want to intermingle Cocoon with the Wiki. It looks like Stephan
Michels' Chaperon parser and associated cwiki grammar are starting to solidify, so I'm going
to run Cocoon and JSPWiki side-by-side. Cocoon will read the raw wiki files from JSPWiki,
and pipe these through a Forrest-inspired/-like/-based pipeline for skinning fun and laughter.
To create a navigation out of the flat-linear Wiki docs, I have two possible ideas in mind:
+ # Generate site.xml markup out of [LeftMenu] HTML.
+ # Manually maintain a TableOfContents page which solely consists of an enumeration/list,
which gets translated (also through XSLT) to site.xml syntax.
+ Doing lots of consecutive XSLT transformations isn't exactly a Good Thing, and [Bruno|BrunoDumon]
will punish me for this, so any other ideas w.r.t. navigation are welcome. This will buy us
PDF printouts of Wiki pages, and proper use of the nifty things in the Forrest skin (like
a special print-stylesheet). -- [StevenNoels], 13/Feb 2003
+
+ ----
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=IndexPage, version: 1 on Wed Feb 12 23:12:22
2003 by 213.224.83.86

New page created:
+ Here is a list of all available pages on the Wiki.
+
+ [{INSERT IndexPlugin}]
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LeftMenu, version: 51 on Wed Feb 12 23:19:57