cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] People JonathanPatrickFreeman Fri Feb 7 23:00:03 2003
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:00:03 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=People, version: 91 on Fri Feb  7 21:52:30 2003
by JonathanPatrickFreeman

+ * [Jonathan Patrick Freeman|JonathanPatrickFreeman] -- Believing in Cocoonoloy.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JonathanPatrickFreeman, version: 1 on Fri Feb
 7 21:40:54 2003 by JonathanPatrickFreeman

New page created:
+ I played around with Cocoon in mid 2001 or so. I first thought the concept was interesting
and enjoyed making some sites, but the performance then was... well... Now, it is 2003, the
performance is good and the framework is the most original I have ever seen. It is well thought
out, it is clean, and I've been very impressed. A lot has changed!
+
+ I think the crew that has worked on Cocoon should somehow be honored, maybe a lifetime supply
of beer? They have some of the most original ideas: Blocks, XSP, Flow, XMLForms. Just when
I thought I knew how things should work in web design, I had to throw some concepts out the
window, rethink how I approached building web sites. Cocoon 2.1 simply knocked the wind out
of me.
+
+ Thanks.
+