cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] WayneB CocoonCompetenceCenter BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation Fri Feb 7 01:00:04 2003
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:00:05 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WayneB, version: 1 on Thu Feb  6 23:17:35 2003
by WayneB

New page created:
+ wbrandes@air.org
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCompetenceCenter, version: 20 on Thu Feb
 6 23:00:39 2003 by Dabbous

+ [The essentials of Cocoon|BeginnerEssentials]\\

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation, version: 10
on Thu Feb  6 23:16:23 2003 by WayneB

- This little peace of the sitemap allows you to separate your work cleanly
?               -

+ This little piece of the sitemap allows you to separate your work cleanly
?              +

+ Cocoon tries to open a subsitemap within the folder indicated by the "src" attribute of
the <map:mount> tag. In this example that would be $cocoon_root/mount/work/. The {1}
in the snippet is a sitemap variable that represents the first "*" of the match pattern. The
"mount" folder lives in the $cocoon_root folder.
- When triggered, Cocoon tries to open a subsitemap within the folder
- matching the first "*" of the pattern. This folder is assumed to be
- living in the folder named "mount" which in turn lives in the $cocoon_root.
- If you take a look at $cocoon_root you will already find the subfolder
- named "mount". All you have to do right now is creating a new folder right
- within the mount folder and start your work therein.
- And now we are ready for the second part of our setup.
+ If you take a look at $cocoon_root you will already find the subfolder named "mount". All
you have to do right now is create a new folder of the same name as {1} (e.g, "work") right
within the mount folder and start your work therein.
+
+ Each time Cocoon is accessed with a URL of the form http://localhost:8080/cocoon/ mount/
{1}/{path of arbitrary depth}, it will look in the $cocoon_root/mount/{1} folder for a sitemap.xmap
file. That sitemap file must have pipelines to handle the {path of arbitrary depth} part of
the URL.
+
+ And now we are ready for writing that sitemap file.
- As you may already know from the documentation, Cocoon looks for a subsitemap in the
+ As stated above, Cocoon looks for a subsitemap in the
- an html file from the "work" folder. i.e. the following URL:

+ an html file from the "work" folder. e.g., the following URL: