cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Setting pointers from docu to "CocoonCompetenceCenter" ...
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:57:49 GMT
Hy;

Now, while the CocoonCompetenceCenter starts living in the
cocoon-Wiki, i think it's time to think about, how a new
user can be informed about the existence of this information...

I would suggest to add a hint at a very popular localtion
in the cocoon docs:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html

I propose to enter following text at the very top
of this document:

+-- begin of proposed text --------------------------------

"Preliminaries"
----------------

This document contains comprehensive information about
building and installing cocoon. If you want to install
a binary version of cocoon, you should take a look at the
quick installation guide at

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerInstallation

If you need to build cocoon or need deeper insight into the
installation procedure, you will find all necessary information
in the remainder of this document.

+-- end of proposed text ------------------------------------

I don't know, how to get this done quickly. Therefore i
ask some of the more experienced documenters to

1.) review the text (and make necessary modifications)
2.) add it to the docs

Maybe there are other places in the docs, where we could
add a reference to the "Cocoon Competence Center" itself:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCompetenceCenter

thanks a lot;

regards, hussayn

--