cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Jens Lorenz <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: Component Reference Pages...
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:18:19 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Hi Andy & Bertrand,

>> - The Forrest transition is higher priority, and consuming the current
>> focus
>

> Yes. I was meaning to write the JavaDocGenerator but other events
> prevented me from doing it.
>
>> . . .Does anyone have a starting point to use for a JavaDoc
>> generator?
>

> Seems like using qdox (see http://qdox.sourceforge.net/usage.html for
> usage info) would make it fairly easy to generate javadoc SAX events
> from java source files. If you're not familiar with Generators, the
> source code of RequestGenerator would be a good example, as it also
> takes non-XML input.

Just to make you aware, I've been silently working on the Qdox generator
approach.
(cause I really like the idea of having man page like reference
documentation for the Cocoon components)

I've already a small command line tool working, which simply creates a
DOM out of the data model of Qdox and writes this DOM to an XML file via
Xerces.
I'm going to turn this into a (SAX-based) Cocoon generator as soon as
time allows it (not before the holidays). I need a bit more time for this.

If you want to join in, you're welcome.

> Hope this helps!
> -Bertrand

Jens

--

Jens Lorenz

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany