cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Component Reference Pages...
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:07:51 GMT
Hi Andy,

As far as I know:

> - General consuensus that this is a good idea

yes.

> - We have a format on the that seems like a good starting point

on the wiki you mean?

There is
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=FileGeneratorManPage
which wasn't discussed much I think

and
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonDocsPlan
which seems to reflect the general consensus

> - The goal is to generate a lot of the info from JavaDoc style tags

Right, I think the followups to this message
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-docs&m=103788336715888&w=2
show agreement on this

> - We don't curently have a JavaDoc generator to work with

Right, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-docs&m=103796134326493&w=2#1
and followups, I don't think anyone is working on this right now.

> - The Forrest transition is higher priority, and consuming the current focus

Yes. I was meaning to write the JavaDocGenerator but other events
prevented me from doing it.

>. . .Does anyone have a starting point to use for a JavaDoc
> generator?

Seems like using qdox (see http://qdox.sourceforge.net/usage.html for
usage info) would make it fairly easy to generate javadoc SAX events
from java source files. If you're not familiar with Generators, the
source code of RequestGenerator would be a good example, as it also
takes non-XML input.

Hope this helps!
-Bertrand