cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: Component Reference Pages...
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:48:55 GMT

>> - General consuensus that this is a good idea
>
> yes.

good

>> - We have a format on the that seems like a good starting point
>
> on the wiki you mean?

yes

> There is
> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=FileGeneratorManPage
> which wasn't discussed much I think

very true, but I'm not sure how to get more discussion of it - any ideas there?

> and
> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonDocsPlan
> which seems to reflect the general consensus

right...

>> - The goal is to generate a lot of the info from JavaDoc style tags
>
> Right, I think the followups to this message
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-docs&m=103788336715888&w=2 show agreement
on this

yep

>> - We don't curently have a JavaDoc generator to work with
>
> Right, see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-docs&m=103796134326493&w=2#1 and followups,
I don't
> think anyone is working on this right now.
>
>> - The Forrest transition is higher priority, and consuming the current focus
>
> Yes. I was meaning to write the JavaDocGenerator but other events  prevented me from
doing it.

understood...

>>. . .Does anyone have a starting point to use for a JavaDoc
>> generator?
>
> Seems like using qdox (see http://qdox.sourceforge.net/usage.html for  usage info) would
make
> it fairly easy to generate javadoc SAX events  from java source files. If you're not
familiar
> with Generators, the  source code of RequestGenerator would be a good example, as it
also
> takes non-XML input.

thanks for the pointer - I have usually started with the FileGenerator and fill in from there.
But
I'll take a look at the RequestGenerator too - this will be the first work I actually get
to give
something real back to the community.

--
"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."