cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:31:43 GMT

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 04:05  AM, David Crossley wrote:

> I do not agree with this. I think that we need certain information
> required as javadoc tags in the code before we can create *any*
> manpages, be they *-user or *-dev pages.

I agree with David's point here.

> The table that is at the top of example Wiki:FileGeneratorManPage
> would be extracted directly from the javadoc tags, and would be
> needed for both sets of manpages.
>
> It is important to get that information and also the
> developer manpages done first, because they will form
> the basis for the user manpages. The former should be
> done by cocoon-dev and the latter can then be subsequently
> done by anyone.
>
> Another important reason is that we need to get some
> system in place soon to ensure that developers do not
> continue to write code that has insufficient accompanying
> documentation.

As for Cocoon-specific tags, here's what Bernhard initially showed:
   http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/solutions/cocoon-javadoc-tags.html

It also might be helpful for those who don't remember the initial
discussion to read:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101934150206759&w=2

Diana