cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: comments added to wiki proposal
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:25:37 GMT

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 05:01  PM, David Crossley wrote:

>> Question: Is there a more efficient way to organize comments about
>> issue
>> items/bullets? I find it difficult to follow a thread (on a single
>> page!) with so many internal links/jumps to other notes.
>
> Bertrand's suggestion is the answer.

Hmm... Then we're jumping back and forth between email and issue items.
I think that's even more inefficient, particularly for those trying to
catch up with status of the proposal.

Is there any reason why can't we simply inline comments/related links
after each item issue items. For example:

o--------------------------o

Outline of requirements and issues
1. Forrest to assist with building Cocoon system documentation.

     Reader Comments
     • bd) Shouldn't we rather say "use Forrest to generate all the
Cocoon system documentation and web site"?
     • (dc) I saw item 1 and item 2 as two separate concerns.
     • (dc) Find a link to an overview of the Forrest processes.

2.  Forrest to automatically (or by manual trigger) generate the website
at xml.apache.org/cocoon/

3. Staging mechanism for quality control of website production

     Related Links
     • staging/promotion
     • RT: Site versioning, staging and deployment (Careful: There are
followups with slightly different thread names.)

     Reader Comments
     • (dc) Item #3 should be assigned "future" category (email)

It just seems more readable and efficient. But perhaps we'd lose some
discussions that way.

Diana