cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: comments added to wiki proposal
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:25:16 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Diana Shannon wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>>What I discovered in the process was item 8 (which I had
>>accidentally merged with item 7 on a previous edit):
>>
>>>8. The documents that are published by Forrest need to
>>>be subsequently checked-in to the xml-site CVS.
>>
>>Do you mean the live site cvs? Do we **really** have to do this?
>>Goodness, I thought Forrest automation would eliminate this step.
>>Why is it still needed?
>

> Good point. However, this was an "issue" gleaned from
> some email [1], that cvs history had to be maintained for
> xml-site/targets/*.html
>
> Another reason was that the current publishing mechanism.
> is an automated cron job that just copies the content
> of xml-site/targets/cocoon/ to xml.apache.org
>
> [1] See Ken email linked from wiki to:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103649129528547

It seems that automatic "publishing" to CVS can be done by redoing an
import to CVS at each site update, and CVS should be able to understand
what has changed and what not (like a commit that also creates dirs).

Does anyone know if this can be a problem or a solution?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -