cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:08:09 GMT

Bernhard Huber wrote:

>> I am *strongly* in favor of using special javadoc tags for the Cocoon
>> Components, and I want to make this a standard part in the new
>> Alexandria code documentation process.
>
> me, too
>

>> Instead of xdoclet it can be very fast to use qdox:
>>   http://qdox.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> The relevant Ant classes:
>>  http://qdox.sourceforge.net/xref/com/thoughtworks/qdox/ant/index.html
>>
> okay, why do you favour qdox over xdoclet?

IIUC it's faster and easier to use.

And XDcolet has been a PITA in the last months to many projects that
have used it because of the changes it has gone through and problems in
its Gump runs IIRC, and some Avalon subprojects switched to qdox for
this reason.

Feel free to use anything you prefer though :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -