cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:10:07 GMT

Bernhard Huber wrote:
> hi,
> i started the discussion, but never implemented it using xdoclet,
> you may find some useful description in
> http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/solutions/cocoon-javadoc-tags.html

Yeah :-)

> Probably it's a lot of work change all sitemap component sources,
> and describe a coding standard for submitting only
> components sticking to the cocoon java doc tags.

I am *strongly* in favor of using special javadoc tags for the Cocoon
Components, and I want to make this a standard part in the new
Alexandria code documentation process.

Instead of xdoclet it can be very fast to use qdox:
   http://qdox.sourceforge.net/

The relevant Ant classes:
  http://qdox.sourceforge.net/xref/com/thoughtworks/qdox/ant/index.html

This won't happen overnight, but if the system is in place I'm quite
sure that people will start moving the documentation in the sources.

Do you have time to give qdox a try for Cocoon?

When we have it working, I'll make it part of the Alexandria stuff, so
that the documentation will be done by running Alexandria to generate
all code docs (xml javadocs, qdox docs, javasrc, xsldoc, etc), and then
Forrest for the final rendering and the site.

:-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -