cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:40:37 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:48:40PM -0600, Tony Collen wrote:
>
>>Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>>This might mean restructuring much of the docs, trying to get obvious URLs
>>>like
>>>
>>>docs/components/generators/FileGenerator.html
>>>docs/components/serializers/PDFSerializer.html
>>>
>>>(and later)
>>>docs/blocks/pdf/fop/FopPdfBlock.html
>>>

>>+1.  The code is organized logically into packages, why shouldn't the
>>docs? :)

> How about using a tool like xdoclet or qdox to generate XML from @tags in
> the Cocoon source?
>
> Lots of work.. Ant has got something like this prototyped in
> proposal/xdocs.

It has already be done by someone (sorry! don't remember who) some time
ago. We have also had a discussion on it, but somehow the thing didn't
finalize.

If you have time, look in the cocoom-dev archives or in cocoon-related
sites, you should find references there.

IMHO technical documentation should definately be in the source files.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -