cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:44:44 GMT
On Monday 18 November 2002 12:42, Diana Shannon wrote:
>. . .
> However, remember SoC. Do we really want people (potential doc
> contributors) without a lot of Java experience tweaking source files to
> add this reference info?

Good point - I agree 100%, but OTOH I think it makes sense to keep the
components docs in the same directories as the component code, to emphasize
their strong ties and make it clear to developers that they have to
write/draft the reference docs.

See David's proposal on this below, I think a combination of javadoc tags +
standalone XML files will bring the most benefits at the least cost for these
reference docs.

On Monday 18 November 2002 10:41, David Crossley wrote:
> I wonder if we can extract some minimal information from
> javadoc tags and supplement that with an xml fragment in
> an accompanying file, to build a -manpage.xml

maybe automatically including the (filtered) javadocs info from the source
files into the -manpage.xml files is the way to go for reference docs.

-Bertrand