cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:45:31 GMT
On Saturday 16 November 2002 13:20, Diana Shannon wrote:
>. . .
> I don't see how a strict DTD will really produce good doc content. I
> developed a howto dtd for Forrest (based on document-v11) and ended up
> leaving many elements optional (based on good advice from Steven and
> others). I think well-written guidelines and good examples (and editing)
> are key.
>. . .

You're right. My idea of a DTD was to go beyond "titled sections" as in the
current xdocs by using element names to define sections, to make sure every
"man page" has the required sections (like name,synopsis,description, etc.).

>. . .
> Well, if the effort needed was granular enough, we might get more
> help/resources.
>. . .

I think the concept of man pages (one page for each component)using javadocs
tags (as proposed by several people here) is a nice way of making the effort
more granular.

-Bertrand