cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Use Forrest to build Cocoon docs
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:32:45 GMT
On Friday 15 November 2002 01:54, David Crossley wrote:
> Here is the current list of dot-points from the Wiki:

I'm basically ok with this list, some comments below.

> . . .3. Staging mechanism for quality control of website production. . .

I assume the Forrested docs will be generated by ant or a by script from the
current CVS, isn't this sufficient? This can be reproduced by all of us and
could be the "staging version" I think, assuming the docs generation process
is well defined (including Forrest version, see below).

Are you thinking of a staging website instead?
http://cvs.apache.org/~cocoonCommittersAccount/cocoon-staging?

Also, as Forrest is still moving quickly I think we will need a way to use a
frozen version of Forrest during a docs "generation/check/staging/publish"
cycle, which might last a few days if several people check the docs.
Otherwise changes to Forrest might cause unwanted changes to the published
docs during the cycle.

How do we do this? Will we define the CVS tag or release date of the Forrest
version to use?

-Bertrand