cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: Documentation Format... (user reference pages scenario)
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:22:34 GMT

> On Thursday 21 November 2002 14:09, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>. . .
>> > 2) Supplement this info with an xxx-manpage.xml file (or whatever, but
>>. . .
>> I'd use an html page, and possibly a javadoc-compatible one.
>>. . .
>
> I see your point, you're right that most people are reluctant to write docs  in HTML.
Validated
> XHTML would be better though, but it might be too much to  ask.
>
>>. . .
>> As for xdoc format, Cocoon can convert the simple html to xdoc, so it shouldn't be
a problem.
>>. . .

sdine this will become a primary source for exmaples, we should make sure that the format
is one
we can leverage for aggregate examples likstings, and so on. XML or XHTML, as long as we can
pull
out the relevant bits whenever we need to for something else.

--
"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."