cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:07:00 GMT

> On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 02:45  AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>

>>> . . .
>>> Well, if the effort needed was granular enough, we might get more help/resources.
>>> . . .
>>
>> I think the concept of man pages (one page for each component)using  javadocs
>> tags (as proposed by several people here) is a nice way of making the  effort
>> more granular.
>
> Yes, but....., I don't consider it a panacea (cure-all) for docs. It's  really a subset
of
> granular info or topics that can be used by other  docs. Because it's so tied to the
code, it
> doesn't necessarily cover the  range of topics needed by other docs.
>
> Diana

The use of javadoc tags or this is...well....I'm not sure. I think there is some stuf that
goes in
the code, but my intent with the man pages was user-levle technical documentation. - such
as what
apramters does this generator recognize, and what are valid values, or how shoudl the URI
be
formatter, or what tags does a transformetr understand. User docs for each component. It certainly
won't solve all the documentation concerns, I agree, but it will provide a base level of reference
docs for users to work with. And it is vvery ganular, and should be easy to start, and there
is a
very strong possibility of having the developers maintain it in a timely fashion.
--
"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."