cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: comments added to wiki proposal
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:21:02 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:
<snip/>
> What I discovered in the process was item 8 (which I had
> accidentally merged with item 7 on a previous edit):
>
> > 8. The documents that are published by Forrest need to
> > be subsequently checked-in to the xml-site CVS.
>
> Do you mean the live site cvs? Do we **really** have to do this?
> Goodness, I thought Forrest automation would eliminate this step.
> Why is it still needed?

Good point. However, this was an "issue" gleaned from
some email [1], that cvs history had to be maintained for
xml-site/targets/*.html

Another reason was that the current publishing mechanism.
is an automated cron job that just copies the content
of xml-site/targets/cocoon/ to xml.apache.org

[1] See Ken email linked from wiki to:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103649129528547

--David