cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: comments added to wiki proposal
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:36:49 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it would be even better to just expand the main list
> > so that each item became a section heading with manual numbering.
>
> Good idea. Ok, I did this for the first three issues, adding lines in
> between for some clarity. I think it's a lot better with all of our
> ideas now combined...
>
> If you agree, I'll modify the rest in a similar fashion.

Yes please do. This is good evolution.

> I think we also need to rewrite the page into a proposal (on its own
> page), e.g.

This first step was to gather the issues. I am not sure
if we are finished with that yet. We may be able to dispense
with some, and perhaps there are others that we have missed.

I was expecting the list of issues/requirements to evolve
into an actual proposal.

> What-Why-When-Where-How, that is
> - What
>    Describe what Forrest is
> - Why
>    Describe benefits of transition
> - When
>    Propose a schedule
> - Where
>    Describe how it will impact the cvs (or not), e.g. give options
> - How
>    Describe the steps involved and their implications/outstanding issues

I wonder how much effort that we need to go to at this
stage. The details of the procedure (How and impacts) could
come later. Our first goal is to get a basic proposal
happening and vote on that. The vote then brings us more people
to help with working out the details.

--David