cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:58:09 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > It would be ideal to generate reference documentation
> > direct from Java source. As Berni says in these threads.
> > the big job is going through all the java source to
> > add the necessary javadoc tags and comments.
> >
> > This could always start small and gradually expand. We
> > seem to have more people interested in documentation
> > now and the cocoon-docs list, so i would like to see
> > Berni's work resurrected.
>
> I'm 100% in favor of using Berni's work.
>
> In addition to generating a great set of reference docs, I assume
> we can pull snippets from it for use in many other docs, correct?

Yes, great idea.

> However, remember SoC. Do we really want people (potential doc
> contributors) without a lot of Java experience tweaking source files
> to add this reference info?

If they make an attempt to rectify some lack, and get it wrong,
then the developers that are responsible for that particular code
might leap into action.

The tool that creates the reference documentation could generate
a summary of all javadoc attributes that we could then run by
the cocoon-dev list for quality control.

It will be committers who will apply the patches that are
contributed, so at least one other person gets to review
the work.

These changes and capability will be going into the head
of CVS first, so i do not see any problem.

--David