cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Documentation Format...
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:55:06 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >. . .
> > I wonder if we can extract some minimal information from
> > javadoc tags and supplement that with an xml fragment in
> > an accompanying file, to build a -manpage.xml
> >. . .
>
> Good idea, I think relying solely on javadoc tags for reference docs would
> require including too much docs in the code.

We could use the "package.html", which sits beside each
component, to add this supplemental description. In that way,
the info gets automatically included into Javadocs as well.
Some components are already doing this. So a side-benefit is
that Javadocs are more useful too. See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/apidocs/
and choose a component that has something in the right-hand
column. Note that these include the "Description" at the
bottom of their page.

--David